Should you take a multivitamin? I say yes, and there are 10 main reasons why.
Should you take a multivitamin? I think the answer is absolutely, yes. Here are the top 10 reasons you should take a multivitamin:
- Help with illness recovery: Even though you may experience symptoms early on, many of us wait until the last minute to start taking medicine to treat an illness. If you are taking a multivitamin every day, you can both recover from illness faster and prevent illness in the first place.
- Weight loss: Why would a multivitamin help with weight loss? The healthier you are, the better you digest your food and the better your metabolism works. Of course, just taking a multivitamin won’t cause you to lose weight. However, taking a multivitamin in conjunction with a healthy diet is a great way to promote weight loss.
- Prenatal health: There are a lot of prenatal vitamins out there. If you are pregnant or trying to become pregnant, you should take a great prenatal multivitamin.
- Decreased chances of birth abnormalities: Basically every obstetrician in the world recommends that pregnant women take some kind of multivitamin in order to reduce the chances of birth abnormalities.
- Improved focus: Some vitamin deficiencies actually cause you to lose focus. Multivitamins can help you avoid issues like brain fog and can even help with ADD
- Have more energy: Taking a multivitamin is a great way to make sure that your energy is at its top level. Most multivitamins have B vitamins that help activate energy stores in your body.
- Bone strength: Whether or not the vitamin has calcium, it probably has some vitamin D to promote bone strength.
- Preventing deficiencies across the board: Multivitamins are not a substitute for healthy eating; they are simply an insurance policy to make sure that you are not deficient in anything.
- Exercise recovery: You know me — I’m always telling you to get out there and exercise. Your body has to recover because exercise breaks your muscle tissues down; multivitamins can help with that recovery process.
- Improved brain function: Your brain needs many different vitamins to function at a top-notch level, but sometimes you don’t get all of them from your diet.
There are many benefits to taking a multivitamin. Check out our daily wellness packs; they come with amazing multivitamins that have everything you need.
If you have any other questions about multivitamins, give me a call or send me an email. I would be happy to help you!